The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Searching desperately for a Nubian or Boer buck to breed my Nubian does to in Whatcom County. I can't seem to find anyone that will respond on their websites and most people seem to be South of Seattle. Really prefer to not haul my girls so far. They have never been bred and are 2 years old. We live in the Deming area. If you know anyone or could share some information on getting them bred...we would so appreciate your help. Excited to get started milking and provide our family fresh milk from our own goats.

·
14,615 Posts
First off, welcome to the forum!
Have you checked the "Breeders" here on the green bar near the top of the page?
There is also a group on FB called PNW Boer Goats.
Now. All the breeders I know will not accept does if they haven't been tested for CL CAE & Johnes, including us.

eta It is kidding season, the folks you have tried to contact are busy right now.:wink:

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Nancy! I've looked thru the list of breeders for WA and any up in this area don't seem to have any activity for over a year. Some of them I have already tried to contact with no response back. They were tested several months ago when we first planned on breeding, unfortunately a death in the family postponed the progress with the does and now I'm afraid it's too late in the season. They just had a heat cycle this last weekend, so hoping they again cycle the first week of March. Haven't been on Facebook since we started the rabbitry and the hen house in September.....the barn is soooo much more fun then Facebook. ;-) Might have to break down and log back onto it. Ugh!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts