The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
~Crazy Goat Lady~
29,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so, my LaMancha herd is seeming to grow.. Lol!! We are at two does with another reservation for the spring lol! I will have two to breed next year, and will be doing driveway breeding with the breeder I have been working with.. But, we do hope to keep a kid or two, and don't really want to do driveway breeding for a bunch of does.. That's why we got our own Nigerian bucks... Cause we were sick if driveway breeding!! Lol!

So, my question is.. Keeping a LaMancha buck with my Nigerian bucks... I'm worried that when they go into rut and start rough housing that the little guys will get hurt...
Dose anyone have both breeds(well just mini and standard really) together? Dose it work for you or no?
Like I'm sure you all know, I'm a worry wart when it comes to my goats
I figure if I do get a LaMancha buckling I will have at least a year as the first rut won't be so bad..

·
Registered
243 Posts
Same situation here. I have right now Mosa's buckling with the two Nigerian Dwarfs. Than I wonder if I can put Ex in with them and all the boys just be together. That would mean Two Boer bucks and two Nigerian Bucks. I am hoping it will work because they will be in a BIG pen. So they will have movement. Than all the weathers might be with them as well. Not real sure how it is going to work, but I am hopeful it will be alright. If not than I will have to separate the Nigerians and put them in a pen all their own. I have the ability to do so if the situation arises. Good luck and hope it works out.

·
~Crazy Goat Lady~
29,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My pen isn't huge.. It's a good size, but not like what my does have (we only have two bucks right now.. I would like two of each breed though..) I could have two calf huts for them.. And we are in the process of building a lean too for hay and water and such.. But it's not going to be huge... I'm thinking I should just split the pen in half... Or sell the LaManchas by their second rut...
Oh gosh I just don't know what to do! Lol!

·
~Crazy Goat Lady~
29,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Really?? That is comforting! Maybe I'll try it... And if I have to, split the pen in half... :chin:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts