BUCKS!

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by keren, Dec 15, 2008.

1. keren

keren owned by goats

Oct 26, 2008
    Australia
    :GAAH:

I put my Boer buck Da Vinci in the paddock with two does (not currently in season but I pasture breed them).

He jumped over the fence and back into the bachelor pad :sigh:

2. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    how weird is that..... :shocked: ....maybe the girls called him names.... :shrug: LOL :)

3. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    now thats kind of funny actually!

4. HollowbeadRanch

HollowbeadRanch New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    NW Alabama
    :ROFL: Well I have never heard of that happening! :ROFL:

5. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Maybe he was having sensitivity issues - :ROFL: :shocked: :ROFL: :shocked: :ROFL:

6. keren

keren owned by goats

Oct 26, 2008
    Australia
    :( not funny

After putting him back for the third time I have given up. He is back in the bachelor pad.

He might have to be debrained. Pity, he's a very well bred little buck and I had hoped to use him over a few does before selling him.

7. lesserweevil

lesserweevil New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    suggestion... put the does in the bachelor pad... and move the other bucks? :D

8. keren

keren owned by goats

Oct 26, 2008
    Australia
    oooh good idea, weevil! will try it :wink:

I have other buck problems as well ...

my new show doe, spot well I had two bucks picked out for her to be joined to, at a friend's place. The first one ... when I actually looked at him close up he was horribly overshot.

The second one, well he is pretty close to perfect except ... he doesnt know how to do his job. There was a doe in season piddling in front of him and he was just looking at us. Then he walked away :help: So she might not get joined for a while ...

9. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    How funny. I guess those does are not GOOD enough for him.

10. SDK

SDK New Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Yucaipa ca
    ok this is going to sound absolutely ridiculous

but give hima pep talk

totally works

i had to do it for kevin for his first two does.. it was kinda cute.. he was just standing there like a deet... but i grabbed him by his little beard and gave him a pep talk.. and oth the girls are preggo now

11. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    how cute SDK....and funny :ROFL:

12. SDK

SDK New Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Yucaipa ca
    its was cute. me with my little kevin .. giving him a pep talk.. haha

13. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    maybe he just doesn't like to be watched - :ROFL:

Or maybe he just doesn't understand..... my nubian buck had no clue how to be a buck - till he watched my boer - so here is my boer joining with a doe, and my nubian trying to join with my Boer buck - it was a train

14. Amos

Amos New Member

Oct 2, 2008
    Minnesota
    Allison, my two bucks and whether are also like that; but the poor whether is always the very bottom.

Keren, I think your Australian words are rubbing off on us, poddy, joining, ect. Lol.

15. keren

keren owned by goats

Oct 26, 2008
    Australia
    The silly thing is Da Vinci knows exactly what being a buck is, he was responsible for an oops breeding because he jumped the fence to get in with an in season doe. Now I thought being with the ladies would keep him content ...

I've advertised him for sale but if he doesnt go before Christmas he'll most likely be headed to freezer camp ... since I have an order lined up for 4 big males for Christmas dinner