Bucky Doe?

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by Trace, Feb 16, 2010.

1. Trace

Trace New Member

Dec 28, 2008
    One of my does is just a weirdo.

She is so attatched to me - its crazy - hubby can be outside and she will hear my car come up the street and start screaming for me. The whole family cna be out and she will only start calling when I speak to her.

She is very bossy with my daughter and will sometimes rear up at her - although she is getting better becuase my duaghter is being more assertive to her.

When she comes into heat she mounts my other doe who is smaller - humping and grunting away.

I wonder if she is a hermaphrodite???

Thoughts?

2. nutmegfarm

nutmegfarm New Member

Dec 22, 2009
    NE Ohio
    I have does that also get raging hormones when in heat and also close to their due dates...they are just odd like that:) Has she ever been bred/kidded?

3. nancy d

nancy d Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 5, 2007
    near Seattle
    She is probably just in heat. Glad your daughter is taking the upper hand!

4. Trace

Trace New Member

Dec 28, 2008
    No - she has never been bred. I won;t breed her either becuase of her temprament with children.

5. She sounds like a lot of my does. It is normal. She is just more dominate it all.

6. Dreamchaser

Dreamchaser New Member

Oct 29, 2008
    Camp Verde, AZ
    Ugg. My nubian/boer cross is in heat too. And she is a pain! She starts trouble by knocking heads with my ram wether, has even gouged him with her horns before. She tries to mount the other goats and sheep, and just is a pill. I feel your pain.

7. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    she is either in heat or your other doe is in heat when she is doing the mounting thing. Its normal

8. Trace

Trace New Member

Dec 28, 2008
    Thanks guys for the input - I guess that she isn;t as nutty as I thought she was.

Adventures in goatland - eh?

:)

9. CrossCreekTX

CrossCreekTX New Member

Aug 10, 2009
    Central East Texas
    She sees your daughter as another goat and has a dominant personality. It isn't something I'd worry about being passed down though. If that is the only reason for not breeding her, then you should probably go ahead and breed.

10. Very well said. I was thinking the same thing last night. Sorry for the delay, I am more my self this morning.

11. Trace

Trace New Member

Dec 28, 2008
    LOL - I don;t want to breed her at all ever - one PIA Cookie is quite enough thanks - I would be scared that she would kid out mini Cookies.