The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Dave (TDG Farms) S.E. Washington State
4,805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Unless I am just to fried from to much work and cant find it, this new format sucks without the view active posts link. Making us reset passwords / cookies, ok I can understand, but why would you remove the one thing that allows someone a quick look at any new posts that have been done since last they were on???

·
Dave (TDG Farms) S.E. Washington State
4,805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks CH, I see it now. not liking it as much myself in regards to that it only shows up when you are on the main forums page. But the extra click it takes to use it isnt going to kill me... :)

G

·
If you want to start a new thread. Go to the applicable forum the thread should be in, at the top left you will see a large button that says "NEW THREAD".

·
Banned
849 Posts
I just tested it out and you can make a new thread. Just go to the top page ("The Pack Goat Forum" link at the top of every page) and click on one of the main headings, for example, the heading "Forum Announcements & Help" right at the top. Click on it and you'll see a "New Thread" button above and below the list of threads.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Go to the Home Page, then click on the forum you want to post under and there is a blue button that says "New Thread" that should work.
And your right, where has Rex been? Was he the old Admin?
What have you people done with him!?

·
Registered
185 Posts
Seems like we're moving backwards in time. I'm on a lot of forums and this new format is the worst one I've been involved with. From the ease of usability. I'm not a computer geek, so I do best with stuff that doesn't require unseen steps, such as posting a new topic.

G

·
Dave let's use this thread to resolve issue, harder to respond to multiple threads.

This software is vBulletin. It's the number one used forum software on the Internet so I confident it's solid software, I think I need to just explain how to accomplish some tasks.

To start a new thread you go into the forum you wish to start the thread in. At the top left and bottom left there is a large button that says "NEW THREAD". You click that button.

At the top of every single webpage there is a link that says NEW POSTS and TODAY'S POSTS. New Posts will show you all new posts you have not read, Today's Posts will show you all posts from today.

G

·
Ok the attachment issue should be resolved. All attachments should be back, you should be able to upload attachments now.

Here is a test attachment to show the location of the NEW THREAD button.

Attachments

·
Banned
849 Posts
Hmm... images are still not working in "Cuzco's Glamour Shots". At least, not for me. The "New Thread" image in your post is showing up for me though.

Also, is there a reason why deleted thread titles can still be viewed? Is there a way to turn that off? It seems to me it just clutters up the page if we have deleted thread titles still there. (And if we get hit by a spammer I REALLY don't want to see all the deleted thread titles still there!)

G

·
Nanno you are a Moderator so you can see deleted threads, no one else can.

Can you link me to the post with the missing images. On every individual post there is a number in the top right corner which is a link, just copy that link URL.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts