The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
We bought it from Coyote Creek mill in Elgin, Tx.
I really don't think it was there when we bought it, they just got in there somehow.
We got around 20 bags at a time, so we've had it stored for a while. Maybe we weren't storing it properly, I don't know.
If it's not hurting the goats, I don't mind so much. I don't think we can take it back.

We might not even get that kind again in the future, we're still considering our options for feeding. :)

·
8,492 Posts
Goats shouldn't really eat bugs- their rumens aren't set up to process bugs! But a few won't
hurt them. If the grain is really crawling with bugs, you might want to feed them something else.

·
Registered
5,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I haven't looked too closely, but I think there's a lot in there. I don't want to feed that to them. Problem is, we still have 3 or 4 50 lb bags of it, it's expensive and I don't want to waste it. :(

·
Registered
398 Posts
The picture isn't loading for me but im guessing its just those little corn beetles. We get them a lot even if we put the clean corn in a sealed rubber feed barrel we end up getting them sometimes. A few bugs won't hurt but they do hollow out the corn and i hate the little things. Lol Usually when we store a lot at one time or store it for a few weeks they find a way to get in it. If they are bad but you don't want to waste it (i wouldn't want to waste it either) just pour it back and to between buckets and shake and sift it a little and it will help get some out. I usually just feed it to the deer when it gets bad but the goats have gotten it before and it never bothered them. :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts