The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey. I show goats and have been wandering how to better build muscle. My doe has been very close to first in her class but the judges seem to think her fat to muscle ratio is too big on the fat side. Any ideas on how to build muscle? State show is in about 2 and a half weeks. Thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
424 Posts
Short intense running/sprints, if you have access to a chariot they are great also.

·
Boers & Nubians
1,938 Posts
If you are worried about her being fat, than you can lower her food intake slightly, and that will benefit her condition. She definitely looks like a naturally muscular Boer doe, but exercise will help to add some more. She is very beautiful! Best of luck at your fair.

·
Registered
5 Posts
You can purchase Champion Drive from Purina. It helps build muscle. Also running up and down hills is great.

-emily

·
Registered
32 Posts
Champion drive worked very well on some of my goats. It took about thirty or so days to see results in the ones it worked on. We fed about 2 pounds a day. I put their feed up high so they have to stand on a bench to reach the food. The bench is about a foot and a half off the ground. My does still have their muscle built up and they have been off of show feed for a couple months.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts