The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased two boer goats and they were supper sweet but they are bullying my nigerian and nubian when ever they are around the hay. It has been two days should I see if they will get along or should i separate the boers from the others now?:thinking:

·
Registered
4,391 Posts
I'd put hay in multiple places, so they all have a chance to eat..removing the boers will only prolong the issue, unless they stay separated from then on...

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I Put it in 2 spots but if I walk over to either of the bowls they take over where ever I stand. How long should I give them to see if they will get along or not? I understand they have to figure out who the herd queen is but it just seems a little much.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They are getting along a lot better they just get a little jealous every now and then now.

·
7 does - 2 bucks - 1 wether
11,075 Posts
I agree with more hay feeders. I have two dominate females in my Nigerian herd. If I fill two feeders they will each take one and not let anyone else eat with them.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Added a 3rd feeder they are doing good I just went out side and they are all cuddled up

1 - 8 of 8 Posts