The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Goat Girl
2,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was out looking at my bucks today and noticed that one of them has some bumps on his testicles. They are only on the front side, he has probably 4-5 of them, a few are very small, one is medium sized and one is quite large. They are all firm and he still has the hair on them. I can't feel any kind of oozing, pussiness or anything like that. He does not act like they are painful, but then again every time I touched his testicles he seemed to think that was a "friendly" gesture :rolleyes:.

Naturally he is the one I want to sell and I have someone interested in him, I am going to take him into the vet tomorrow and have them look at the bumps. I am thinking bug bites, but I have never had a buck get bumps on his testicles (or at least not that I knew of). I went ahead and dusted his whole body for bugs as well as his shed just in case. Neither of the other two bucks he is with have any bumps, or even any sign of bumps.

If it helps, he is a young buck will be a year old at the end of December and has not bred any does yet.

Attachments

·
Goat Girl
2,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, the vet didn't really have an answer :( he thought it might be some kind of injury from another buck butting him or could be a bug bite. He gave him a shot of draxxin and said to see if that helps and to put iodine on it and keep him separate to prevent any further injury if that is what it is.

I'm going to get some MTG and try that and see if it works too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts