Bunnies, Birds, Ducks, Chicks

Discussion in 'Other Pets' started by Hailee's Herd, Jul 16, 2008.

1. Hailee's Herd

Hailee's Herd New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Michigan
    Two baby bunnies are in the goat pen again this year. Too cute not to take pics of, here is one of them:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    And today we found a baby bird nest with 4 babies in it.
    [​IMG]

Here is the mom:
    [​IMG]
    Chicks are doing good. Not sure if I already posted this pic, taken on July 6th. They look different now:
    [​IMG]
    Ducks are a longer story. Awhile ago we found one dead by the pond in the back. The next day another one disappeared. A couple days later the remaining two ducks traveled to our driveway and all the way back to the goat barn. I really think they remembered it! The next day they were gone. Not sure if they flew away or got munched like the other two.
    One of the last pics I got of them, in our driveway, must have been saying good bye:
    [​IMG]

Thanks for looking!

2. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts
    Awe! The bunnies are so cute!

3. Haviris

Haviris Member

Oct 7, 2007
    To cute! To bad about the ducks though, I lost several ducks this year, ended up with 5 boys! I seem to have really bad luck getting and keeping females! I moved them to my big goat pen and they lived happily there until they found a hole and got out, lost two more.

I hatched some ducklings that were supposed to go to my sister, I stressed to her that I didn't want to brood them w/ my chicks after they hatched (they're messy), but then about a week into incubation her duck desided to start sitting, ended up hatching 9 ducklings, and she never bothered to come get the 3 I ended up hatching, so I got stuck with them, and would you believe all three are girls! So I'm back to 6 ducks.

4. Hailee's Herd

Hailee's Herd New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Michigan
    Thanks!
    We had 4 females, and I kind of wanted at least one male, just because they are so pretty.
    Well at least you got some girls! :)