The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Two baby bunnies are in the goat pen again this year. Too cute not to take pics of, here is one of them:

And today we found a baby bird nest with 4 babies in it.

Here is the mom:

Chicks are doing good. Not sure if I already posted this pic, taken on July 6th. They look different now:

Ducks are a longer story. Awhile ago we found one dead by the pond in the back. The next day another one disappeared. A couple days later the remaining two ducks traveled to our driveway and all the way back to the goat barn. I really think they remembered it! The next day they were gone. Not sure if they flew away or got munched like the other two.
One of the last pics I got of them, in our driveway, must have been saying good bye:

Thanks for looking!

·
Registered
430 Posts
To cute! To bad about the ducks though, I lost several ducks this year, ended up with 5 boys! I seem to have really bad luck getting and keeping females! I moved them to my big goat pen and they lived happily there until they found a hole and got out, lost two more.

I hatched some ducklings that were supposed to go to my sister, I stressed to her that I didn't want to brood them w/ my chicks after they hatched (they're messy), but then about a week into incubation her duck desided to start sitting, ended up hatching 9 ducklings, and she never bothered to come get the 3 I ended up hatching, so I got stuck with them, and would you believe all three are girls! So I'm back to 6 ducks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts