Bunnies

Discussion in 'Other Pets' started by gnomes'n'goats, Oct 8, 2007.

1. gnomes'n'goats

gnomes'n'goats New Member

Oct 8, 2007
    Under a mushroom
    Does any one on here have bunnies? I have 4 mini lops, a pet flemish and my sister has a ND. And I have two little babies. (aw, so cute!)

2. samall

samall New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Iowa
    I love bunnies but I don't have any. My friend has an adorable bunny with dark points like a Siamese cat. Do you have any pics of your bunnies to post?

3. samall

samall New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Iowa
    Awww now those are some real cuties! They look so perfect that they barely look real! I really love the brown & white one.

4. raznboersnkids

raznboersnkids New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    Northeast Louisiana
    I had bunnies when I was younger, they had babies a couple times. They were a joy, miss em sometimes

5. Droopymole

Droopymole New Member

Oct 4, 2007
    In my hole...
    I have a lionhead buck, a (um..I forgot...) doe. A mutt buck. And a pair of mutt meat rabbits.

6. K-Ro

K-Ro New Member

Oct 13, 2007
    Texas
    We currently have a Lionhead (buck). My mom raises and shows various breeds so when me and the kids end up at a show I have to BUY them a rabbit, they can't go to Grammy's house and GET any rabbit they want, it must cost money! :twisted:

But we have Elmo in the kids room and they all love each other, guess that beats my oldest boy wanting a French as I don't think it would fit in his room. lol

7. ksacres

ksacres New Member

Oct 30, 2007
    San Antonio Texas
  8. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    welcome ksacres to the Goat Spot. :D

I was looking at your website, I really like it (the dairy goat one is the one I visited).

9. dobe627

dobe627 Senior Member

Oct 16, 2007
    southeast PA
    I currently have several mini rexes, a few lionheads and a few holland lops. They are all pedigreed but so far only my rexes have been shown and done very well. I had planned on getting more into showing but now may just breed. There aren't alot of shows close and its too hard to leave the farm for a long time, plus I don't want to. But the bunnies are fun to watch. Here is my lionhead doe when she was younger.

10. alyssa_romine

alyssa_romine Breaking Dawn Ranch

Oct 4, 2007
    arkansas
    I used to own rabbits. I owned a mini rex named cocoa and she won 3rd in a show after I gave her back to the lady I bought her from. She died shortly after that show from a heat stroke. I owned a few others including a lionhead and a new zealand, hubby had a blue dutch and I had a champion silver martin buck.

11. morganslil1

morganslil1 New Member

Nov 12, 2007
    north carolina
    Ive got a lop I haven't even had her for a week yet.

12. morganslil1

morganslil1 New Member

Nov 12, 2007
    north carolina
  13. goatnutty

goatnutty Active Member

Oct 9, 2007
    South East,IN
    I have 1male&1female satin,1female newzeland,1male satin/rex cross

14. ksacres

ksacres New Member

Oct 30, 2007
    San Antonio Texas
    Yeah!! Two of our bunnies had babies today!!

Natanya (tort) X Nutmeg (brk chestnut) PB AM Fuzzy Lops

2 broken (blacks) and 2 solid (look chestnut) and 1 solid runt or peanut (peanuts always die)

Monsoon (booted black Mini Rex) X Rhett (chinchilla) F1 Plush Lop Cross

5 solid-dark, color to be determined at a later date-but probably all blacks

15. goatnutty

goatnutty Active Member

Oct 9, 2007
    South East,IN
    My rabbit chewed a hole in her cage and got out while we were on vacation and my dog got her.

16. ksacres

ksacres New Member

Oct 30, 2007
    San Antonio Texas
    Aww, dogs are great, but sometimes you just want to scream!

17. dairygoatdreams

dairygoatdreams New Member

Oct 31, 2007
    Florida
    Rabbits are great pets, and can be very practical too. When I was a kid we had new zealand whites, and shortly after graduating high school I got a mini rex. The new zealand whites were for meat, and very practical to have around, but my mini rex was a pet and the best pet rabbit I could have asked for. He loved to sit in your lap while you were at the computer or watching tv, and was well behaved when let out of his cage in the house(he'd even go back to his cage if he needed to go to the bathroom).
    Having seen how calm and affectionate the mini rex can be, I think if I got rabbits again I would get rex rabbits. I think the full-sized ones would make just as good of pets, with the added option of selling offspring for breeding stock or meat. Flemish giants sound really neat too, but I haven't had the fortune of meeting anyone who owned them so don't know what their temperament is like.

18. ksacres

ksacres New Member

Oct 30, 2007
    San Antonio Texas
    We have just a few (3) mini rex, and they are by far the friendliest of our rabbits. I had more mini rex before, and it seemed that they were the friendliest and certainly the calmest then too. And oh so soft :)

19. ksacres

ksacres New Member

Oct 30, 2007
    San Antonio Texas
    Apparently I just can't catch a break lately! My entire Fuzzy Lop litter died yesterday, and this was a litter I was really looking forward to... I went out to look at my little babies last night to try and cheer myself up about our Charm cat, and what do I find?? A nest of frozen little babies!! Grr