The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I have a FF nigerian dwarf who is due today. I only have one possible due date I am aware of. I keep my bucks separate from the does and only hand breed when in standing heat. My doe "Bunny" comes from excellent lines so her udder has me stumped. it is very small for being due today. The other thing is her ligaments are rock solid. everything else around her tail head is sinking... I have raised goats for many years now with 30 does in my herd and have never seen a girl this close have such a tiny udder and rock solid ligaments. Am I missing something or is she just my oddball?
Fence Working animal Terrestrial animal Grass Snout
?
Working animal Mammal Fawn Horn Terrestrial animal
Vertebrate Liver Mammal Terrestrial animal Snout
Fawn Terrestrial animal Whiskers Dog breed Grass

Registered
Breeding Quality Nigerian Dwarf Goats
Beautiful doe! 馃グ

I have heard quite a few stories of does not filling their udder until after kidding, so maybe that will be the case for Bunny. Hope all goes well! Happy kidding!

Administrator
I agree with everyone, keep us guessing.

To the goat who kidded 3 weeks late, only means she took at a later breeding date.
Think of this, if she was that late, the kid would of grown so big, the kid could never be born naturally.

There is over due, but 3 weeks?

Registered
I agree with everyone, keep us guessing.

To the goat who kidded 3 weeks late, only means she took at a later breeding date.
Think of this, if she was that late, the kid would of grown so big, the kid could never be born naturally.

There is over due, but 3 weeks?
Yeah I鈥檓 not sure what happened there. I saw her with the buck only once. The kids were tiny though. They didn鈥檛 do very well and had immune system problems. That was a couple years ago and I鈥檓 still stumped.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I am incredibly concerned.... praying when I get to the barn everyone is ok!! Yesterday Bunny acted and looked like she was in very early labor except those ligaments were there and udder not huge. Well I waited with her from 7am-midnight. She was having contractions but they seemed irregular and never any hard lip curling contractions. I finally called it a night when she fell asleep. my gut tells me the kid is presenting incorrectly therefore not pressing on her cervix to dilate her. however im hoping she was just having Braxton hicks type of contractions. somewhere in the middle of the day her ligaments were completely gone.

Registered
Kinder Goat Breeder
I am incredibly concerned.... praying when I get to the barn everyone is ok!! Yesterday Bunny acted and looked like she was in very early labor except those ligaments were there and udder not huge. Well I waited with her from 7am-midnight. She was having contractions but they seemed irregular and never any hard lip curling contractions. I finally called it a night when she fell asleep. my gut tells me the kid is presenting incorrectly therefore not pressing on her cervix to dilate her. however im hoping she was just having Braxton hicks type of contractions. somewhere in the middle of the day her ligaments were completely gone.
Have you checked to see if she's dialated? How's she acting now since last night?

1 - 20 of 35 Posts