The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
I tried raising lion head bunny s but no matter what i tried the ants always killed my babies as soon as they were born so I gave up. :(

·
Registered
179 Posts
Oh gosh Erica4481! I have an angora rabbit that's been building a nest for her babies the last couple days. I haven't seen ants but that's so terrible! I'm going to check the area very closely to make sure ants aren't hanging around. That's awful!

·
I'm not addicted - I'm in love!
5,018 Posts
Oh Erica, that's terrible! :( I'm so sorry!
Our family has rabbits. What breed are yours, Ellie?

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
I'm not sure where you are from but here in Georgia they are terrible. Especially the last couple years. I tried everything but it just didn't work out for me. I hope you have better luck :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Im so sorry erica thats awful. I have never bred my rabbits. I have a buck (boy) mini rex and a doe (girl) mix of a mini rex and holland lop. These are my second rabbits i had a mini lop but she had a neurological problem and we had to put her down :(

·
I'm not addicted - I'm in love!
5,018 Posts
We've had mini rex and holland lop, and I really like them both!

·
Registered
179 Posts
Luckily, no ants are hanging out. Monsoon storms have been hitting hard and the water is driving the ants somewhere else. Meanwhile, my rabbit is waiting for her babies to arrive. She's normally such a nice girl, but now she's grumpy. I'll leave her in peace and watch from a distance.

Attachments

·
Registered
179 Posts
I think so too. Its so funny watching the ears bounce about while she's playing or chewing on something. She'll be working so hard on something, moving animated and ears bouncing about. lol It'll be nice when she's not so grumpy and will let me brush her ears again so they look poofy.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts