The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
637 Posts
Well whats your location you could do a place name -- like here I would do Sierra Mountain Boers
or you could do something with your name in it like Eisele's Boer Goats of Distinction (indicating that there is some pedigree involved)....
those are just for starters....

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well whats your location you could do a place name -- like here I would do Sierra Mountain Boers
or you could do something with your name in it like Eisele's Boer Goats of Distinction (indicating that there is some pedigree involved)....
those are just for starters....
I live in Colorado.

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
For us, we went with a characteristic of my property - cactus. After picking a prickly cactus off my doe's udder for the second or third time, I told my husband that our herd name should be Cactus Acres, if it was available (which it was). It is uncanny how the cactus begin almost exactly at our pasture fenceline, and on the other side of it, we have tons of goatheads/sandburs. Where one exists, the other is hard to find. When I told my husband about my idea, we both really liked it. It felt right. I even checked the ADGA pedigrees to see if that was the first part of any registered names, just to reduce the likelihood that it would not be accepted. Got the letter last week saying that it was our herdname.

Is there anything distinctive about your property?

How about something like Foothills, FrontRange, something referencing the mountains?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts