Busy busy busy

Discussion in 'The Chatter Box' started by Epona142, Dec 31, 2008.

1. Epona142

Epona142 The farm that Hope began

May 25, 2008
    Madisonville, TX
    Oh my gosh, I have been SO busy, I have to share. Let me just say this is a highly UNUSUAL thing for me; I love to just stay at home and go through my normal chores and never ever go anywhere.

But in the past few months we've been running our legs off! We had a three day Thanksgiving, a three day Christmas. We've had my brother over after Thanksgiving and he's here again now. We've been going out with friends and going to see family. We've made contact with parts of hubby's family he hasn't talked to in over seven years.

We've gone from two goats to four! I've hatched chickens in my incubator.

I mean, just take today for example! I wormed all the goats yesterday, today trimmed hooves, even on Buck who decided he didn't like that at ALL. We did a little bit of chainsawing on the property, we scrubbed goat buckets and refilled water. We moved chicks outside. I received 45 quail eggs in the mail, unwrapped them, and they're settling. I got my incubator running and am stabilizing it.

I don't know if I like this busy-ness or hate it! :hair:

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go put a ham in the oven and start the side dishes. :ROFL:
  2. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    wow ....you are not lying.... you have been very busy.... but a good kind of busy... :thumbup: