But MOM... I CAN"T get out!!!!!

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by myfainters, Dec 20, 2009.

1. myfainters

myfainters New Member

Oct 29, 2009
    Lancaster, CA
    Well... it's official Myotonic goats can be contained behind 12in. fencing!!!! LOL Here is my doe Bree.... she got into an open area of the garden... but couldn't find the open area again! LMBO She was MAHHHH MAHHHHing me for so I gave her a little crate to climb on so she could just step over the fence. Nope wouldn't do it. My hubby had to pick her up and carry her over! LOL

Attached Files:

2. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    LOL....silly goat.... she has your DH trained well... :wink: :greengrin:

3. citylights

citylights Member

Jul 3, 2009
    Southern California
    Love it! Maybe you advertise them that way! :wink:

4. Shelly Borg

Shelly Borg New Member

Nov 2, 2009
    Redding CA
    :clap: if they are all like that I want some!

5. myfainters

myfainters New Member

Oct 29, 2009
    Lancaster, CA
    I just thought it was so funny... she was looking at me just pleading with her big deer eyes... :help: She is way too prego for me to lift her but there is no way she could have jumped that. She would have fallen and landed on her head... or hurt the prego belly!!! :GAAH: No WAY was I gonna let that happen!!! Shelley... myotonics (fainting goats) come in different degrees of myotonia.. levels 1-4 would be able to jump the 1 ft. fence... 5-6 would not.... if they tried (which some still will) they would land toes up and on their heads because the action of jumping causes their muscles to lock up. My doe Bree is a 5 in myotonia... so she would have had a very difficult time getting out of there alone.

Merry Christmas everyone!!!!! I'll be posting Bree's baby/babies when they are born on New Years!!!!!! I'm so excited... keep your fingers crossed for me that I get a healthy doeling to keep!!! :)

Jess
    Faint-Hearted Ranch
    www.faintheartedranch.net

6. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Merry Christmas to you to.... I can't wait to see the beautiful babies..... Happy and Healthy kidding... :girl: :girl:

7. goatiegurl*Oh

goatiegurl*Oh Senior Member

Nov 10, 2007
    Ohio
  8. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    aww thats so cool. so a level 5 couldnt jump at all?

9. myfainters

myfainters New Member

Oct 29, 2009
    Lancaster, CA
    They can... but most of the time their landing looks like this.... LOL Sometimes when they get really frisky they will run and jump like a regular goat... but most of the time... it ends in a fall over. The picture below shows a doeling that tried to jump up on the straw bale and failed. :shrug: This doeling is still a crazy little girl though and she has actually learned to overcome her myotonia a bit... she enjoys her trampoline that her new owner bought for her! LOL :love:

Jess
    Faint-Hearted Ranch
    http://www.faintheartedranch.net

Attached Files:

10. Yea, it is pretty funny because even the ones that can jump most times will only jump small things. I have one that will jump up on something but most of the time even she keeps all feet on the floor. LOL

Very nice does by the way!

11. Dreamchaser

Dreamchaser New Member

Oct 29, 2008
    Camp Verde, AZ
    OMG you HAVE too video that. I would LMAO!

12. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    That is awesome - mine are a 2 and 3 myotonism. So they stiffen up all the time - but mostly their back end. Tina - my older of the 3 does - she did fall over once since I have had her - and i about DIED laughing at her.... she tried to jump a 3 inch barrier into the horse stall.

13. pennylullabelle

pennylullabelle New Member

Okay, the first time I read this post I thought she was just being a spoiled brat...now that you've explained the fainting it is WAY funnier!! I know it's a seizure, but of course they can learn to recognize the symptoms and avoid actions that will cause it. Smart lil buggers :snowlaugh: