The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:dance::lovey::fireworks:I AM SOOO EXCITED TOMORROW I'M GOING TO GO LOOK AT AND HOPEFULLY BUY A 2 MONTH OLD FRENCH ALPINE DOELING BOTTLE BABY!!! I'M NOT GOING TO SAY ANYMORE 'CAUSE I DONT WANT TO JINX IT!! BUT IF IT ALL WORKS OUT I'LL BE POSTING PICTURES ON MONDAY!! WISH ME LUCK!!:D

·
Registered
31,103 Posts
good luck!!!!:D

·
558 Posts
Good luck! Bottle babies are so fun!!
Fingers crossed!!

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
*taps foot looking at watch and waits for pictures :)
that's it exactly!! i'm waitinf for a family to come pick up a couple of grade does for their homestead type farm. then we can go to pick the new baby. if she is half as good as her pedigree and pictures, she will be yhard to beat.:cool::love:

·
4-H Secretary for Life ^.^
985 Posts
Good luck, hope you get her, and if you do, post lots of pics! ;) I love Alpines :drool:

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
sooooo. let me tell you about my quest for the perfect alpine baby. after this person showed me a five genertation pedgree on this doelimg i drove 2 hours io see this baby. she is perfect in everyway. the price rigrht. i was ready to bring her home until asked about her papers."oh she's not registered!!" so now we are going back to where she bought the mother who doesnt register off spring from ff, to beg them to at least allow me to register her, and in turn this baby. other wise we will have to do the mother as noa and then the baby as recorded doe. pain the patoot. but this doeling is too good not to do this. hopefully the original owners of the dam will do it.

·
Goatless goat momma
7,887 Posts
congrats on finding a doe, but sucky about the papers. hopefully it'll all be sorted for you!

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
So here is the latest on my quest for the perfect alpine. The owner and I have been working hard to get Juliet and her sister Maple at least 75% registered. So far we have the service memos for the mothers, that was the easy part - the father is MAMM-KEY GRD NO FOOLING. The mothers are half sisters by a Roeburn buck out of their Eliana doe who was top ten milk producer for 4 years in a row and has been linear appraised as E excellent 3 times. Can you sense my desperatiopn to get some papers on them? So we contact the breeder of the mother does. Well, he knows the buck was purchased before Eliana became famous. So that means she was a ff or second freshener. I contact Roeburn they were very helpful, but since Eliana had bucks that were never registered from both those years, she cant reissue the papers until we know what year the buck was purchased. Back to the breeder and pleading for him to go through his non existant pedigree records to find when they purchased the buck. Yesterday we finally heard from the breeder who found his record on the buck, he was born in 05 which means she was a second freshener. he kept the buck along time because he was producing such great does! He is willing to ask Roeburn for the papers. So when we get that we will register the buck, 50% register the mothers and 75% register Juliet and Maple. All this work means that their babies can be registered as American Alpines. In actuality they are purebred French Alpines. Let this be a lesson for those who raise purebred goats but fail to send in registrations. Someday you may have a baby with the perfect type and milk genetics, but if you haven't got the papers to prove it, its just a goat. The owner of the doelings and I have worked hard to get the papers to 75%. and hopefully the rest will fall into place. Keep your fingers crossed!

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
http://burlington.craigslist.org/grd/3892068639.html
Is this the ad? Your link was an email but I googled it.

I almost bit on Juliette. She is so pretty. SO PRETTY. She made my little heart ache. 75% registered is pretty good. I am not that tenacious to get that all done and it is a shame with a doe that looks that good that she can only put out AA when they should be higher.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I know there are others out there but i've become obsessed with getting these bloodlines back in the registry, i think it is more that than anything else at this point, i am such a stickler for having papers when there should be. I mean i have seen some real dogs out there with papers and then this little girl comes along and it breaks my heart that her genetics would be lost. So i think we're finally going to "git er done".

1 - 20 of 20 Posts