Buying Two New Does!! :) Lots of Pics Added!!

Discussion in 'Mini Mania' started by capriola-nd, Aug 24, 2008.

1. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    Aaggh! I just finished typing this whole post and it deleted everything! Oh well, here goes again:\

I really hope it works out to get these two new goats!! Of course they not friendly. Just about all the goats from this breeder are not friendly. . . oh well, they are a lot cheaper than the other does I was looking at a while back.

Here they are:

Sugar Pine CT Ginger Pye
    April 24, 2008
    polled!

Sire: Tahoma Citation
    SS: Twin Creeks AH In The Spotlight
    SD: Mountain Quest AE Molasses

Dam: Sugar-Pine LK Gingerbread
    SS: NC PromisedLand HS Lion King
    SD: Sugar-Pine SB Blackstrap (I think this doe is a CH, not positive though)

Sugar Pine FD Panda Bear
    February 29, 2008

Sire: Hayseed Farm's FA Flash Dancer
    SS: Hayseed Farm's Final Answer
    SD: Gay-Mor's Lucky Native Dancer

Dam: Sugar-Pine SL Bear Cat (almost a permanent CH)
    SS: Twin Creeks AH In The Spotlight
    SD: Mountain Quest GA Snow Bear

What do you think? I really hope it works out to get them!! Oh, Panda Bear is being shown in the ADGA show at Oregon State Fair, hopefully she is a good girl and places well! :)

2. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon

3. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    Re: Possibly Getting Two New Does!! :)

theyre pretty! i like the broken chamm.

4. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA

Very nice does!! The white speckled is flashy! The chammy is pretty too....hope Panda does well too.

5. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon

Yeah, the chammy is my favorite. :) I am a sucker for chammy goats. :wink:

6. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon

Well, I'm getting them!! Yeah! I'm getting ready to put them on my site, hopefully today. :) I'll be picking them up next Tuesday and will get better pics of them. Panda is going to be shown tomorrow and the lady said she is really sweet and are getting more and more tame each day! Yeah! :leap: She said I will be very happy with them. So excited!

7. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA

Congrats!!! And let us know how she does at the show!

8. Nigie Girl

Nigie Girl New Member

Oct 19, 2007
    CT

they are sooo adorable and you are sooo lucky!!!!! congrats!

9. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California

really nice goats...................

10. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    Re: Buying Two New Does!! :)

I totally forgot to let you guys know how Panda and Ginger did at the show! Oops! :oops: Anyhow, Panda placed 4th in her class and Ginger placed 3rd. There are a lot of Nigerians at the Oregon State Fair so these classes were very competitive. So, they did good, despite not being on their best behavior in the show ring! :D I'm going to pick them up tomorrow and will get pics posted asap. :)

11. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA

Congrats!! They did very well.....lucky you on getting them home too!

12. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon

Well, they're here!! They are both so pretty!!! They are tiny! Well, compared to my goats, they're tiny. :D The lady was so nice too! I asked all these questions and she explained them so well, asked her about milk testing and she brought out her papers and explained it all to me (didn't get half of it). :? :wink: Milk testing seems like a complicated matter. Anywho, I am excited! Took some pics but have to upload them (hopefully I can). I put them in a big stall in the barn w/ Leona, Lyla, and Claribelle - hopefully they'll get along.

13. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.

Congratulations on you new addition. :clap:

14. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California

yeah ~! It will not take long ,,,if you work with them ,, alot of "kindness",love :love: , little treats, kind soft voice,petting, scratching.......goats are really neat that way and love attention ..............no worries................................ :thumbup: congrats.........

15. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    These aren't the greatest pics but they give you guys an idea. :D What do you think?? They look really pretty to me and they have lots of wonderful dairy character. Panda's teats are SO LONG!! I'm hoping they stay that way. :)

Here is Ginger Pye:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And here is Panda Bear:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Panda & Ginger (they are very close, it's cute watching them together)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I trimmed their hooves and dewormed them today. I was shocked at how bad their hooves were!! Poor babies! Looked as if they hadn't ever been trimmed (or not in a long while). These pics were taken before I trimmed their hooves.

16. greatcashmeres

greatcashmeres New Member

Jul 13, 2008
    Maine
    Congrats on the additions! The smaller pic of them together is precious. Also, it's cute they're exploring around the barrels in the one pic.

17. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Congrats again!! They look very attached to each other, very pretty girls too!

18. Sweet Gum Minis

Sweet Gum Minis New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC
    Beautiful, congratulations! I'm very partial to Panda! Congrats!

19. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    Thanks everyone! We really like them! :D Ginger is taming down a lot more than Panda. Ginger comes up to smell your hand and does not jump and run like Panda does. I'm trying to make slow movements and use a very calm voice with them. We just got some beautiful, very leafy alfalfa and I'm giving them small amounts of that, they chow down on it! Ginger has this little round tummy that I hope slims down as she gets older. :) Any little tips on taming wild goats???

20. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    FOOD!!! Gets the wildest of kids to come around....animal crackers, raisens, a bit of grain....mine really like twizzlers and jelly beans. My newest, Bailey, was scared and very skittish the first week she was with me...all of my goats are the most neglected critters here( not really, beibg sarcastic) and they all fight over who gets me first....well after a lot of one on one time with her and a few pretzels she now fights my pygmy doeling for my lap.....also, get them to come close to you and gently tug at the collar to bring them even closer, then hold them in your lap as long as possible, talking and petting til they relax....Bailey will now lay on my lap and chew her cud....she's been here for 5 weeks. :)