Buying zinpro?

Discussion in 'Goat Management' started by Sfgwife, Dec 3, 2019.

1. Sfgwife

Sfgwife Well-Known Member

Feb 17, 2018
    North Cakalaki
    4A30ECEE-65E4-4E15-96F8-61017FB7A5E1.png

I saw the place @mariarose said sells a pound of it but they are mail order. Does anyone have an alternate place to buy it in small amounts? Or is there a decent sub for it? I have a buck that looks like he could use it. He might would do a chew... we give a few treats as we go in to feed. But that is iffy with D. I did find a sheep mineral with it added. Kalmbach 2:1. Here are the specs. Would it be enough to top dress the food ya think?

Last edited: Dec 3, 2019
    mariarose and GoofyGoat like this.
  2. GoofyGoat

GoofyGoat Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2018
    TEXAS
    Why couldn't you leave it out free choice next to your other loose mineral and they'll eat it if they need it? The calcium/phosphorus levels look ok for boys. The extra selenium couldn't hurt...Just asking

mariarose and toth boer goats like this.

3. Sfgwife

Sfgwife Well-Known Member

Feb 17, 2018
    North Cakalaki
    i could do free choice. And i may. ;). He had lost some hair on his noggin and i thought that from bein in rut and rubbin on things. But around his eyes and nose i am seeing it now. So that is why i am pretty sure he needs it. I was thinkin top dressing vs free choice cause i know he will get it if i top dress his pellet. Where as he may or may not lick it in the dish. But i could do both. :).

Iluvlilly! and GoofyGoat like this.
  4. Ranger1

Ranger1 Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2014
    It is extremely concentrated and shouldn’t be fed free choice.

5. Ranger1

Ranger1 Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2014
    Look up Quality Llama Products. That’s where I got my smaller bucket of ZinPro from. I don’t see it on their website anymore, but I would call and ask.

Sfgwife likes this.