The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
sydmurph
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see this everywhere here. It's an injectable for horses I presume. Is it useful for goats? Anybody familiar with it?

·
14,615 Posts
Like Karen has said, iron binds copper.
No need for extra iron unless goat is anemic, which oft times is caused by heavy worm load.
What is Caco iron copper? A brand name up your way?

·
sydmurph
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm in Canada. Every feed store I go to asking for copper bolus, they always try and sell me this stuff. Of course I wouldn't ever put anything in my goats unless I had vet approval and of course TGS goaters majority vote...or just the latter...
I was just curious if maybe it was a really popular item or something. I'm lucky to be in a very agricultural area but goats are few and far between. Even sheep. It's mostly equine and cattle up here. All our OTC vet drugs come from one manufacturer called Vetoquinol in Quebec. Except for that stuff and the horse wormers (quest, equimax, etc), it's Rx or go without.
Sigh. Feed stores. Scary places sometimes. Lol.

·
Super Moderator
58,832 Posts
I just looked online. It is for anemia. So there is probably more iron than copper in it. Have you tried copper sulfate? You would have to be very careful with dosing but that can be used also.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts