The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
2,847 Posts
I fed ex overnight my blood. A cellular phone box works great. Blood can stay one night not being cold. I draw blood myself, put it in the fridge and ship it the next day. try to meet the fed ex man at the post office. i get a general idea of when they do pick up. Just dont tell fed ex its blood your shipping. i wrap the blood tubes individually in paper towels. and make sure to pack them so they don't move, i put all the paperwork in a ziplock bag in case something breaks. label all the tubes with the goats name and a number (i usually use the order that a draw blood in) write down on a piece of paper for your home records the name corrosponding with the number as you go. or if they are tagged use that number. Just something for your records.
hope this helps
beth

· Registered
2,847 Posts
I have a wonderful friend here that i trade services with. Its so great. Im still learning to draw blood. Not cofortable to go completly on my own yet. But vicky has a hard time doing hooves and disbudding. So we trade stuff like that all the time. She comes over and helps me draw blood and i go over and do her goats hooves. We also attend eachothers kiddings, which is great for an extra pair of hands to dry babies and such. The vet is way too expenive for me. He charges a sixty dollar farm call plus a fifteen dollar exam fee per goat and eleven dollars per goat to draw blood. Plus all the lab and shipping fees.
beth

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.