The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are going to test our goats soon for CAE and CL for 2013. Last year we had our vet help us, and she just sent off the blood in a normal syringe. This year, I feel confident that I can do it myself, but it seems like most people buy special vacuum syringes. Are these necessary, or not? If so, where do you guys buy them? Thanks!

·
Katrina
3,315 Posts
I just had a friend draw blood and shipped it in the vacutainers to WADDL. Results came back negative for everyone and they were quick. Because I'm out of state, it was $41.50 to test two goats for CAE and CL. I know Biotracking sells a kit. http://www.biotracking.com/?q=store/biopryngoat

·
Registered
30,603 Posts
I ordered my kit from Biotracking...some will use a syringe and pull blood thn transfer to a vaccum red top vile....I like the two needle set up..less chance of messing up the sample..: )
Biotracking charges $4 for CAE testing but does not test for CL..waddl does CL testing

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Last time I think we had it done through UC Davis, since they are only about 2.5 hours from us. It ended up being just over $60 for 3 goats. Very expensive! I probably will buy the Biotracking starter kit, but I want the CAE and CL test, so I will have to use Davis or WADDL.

Thank you! :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts