Arg! I just picked up a buck to breed with my two does about three days ago (picked him up a bit premature as we were waiting to get the results back from the vet on CAE). I live about 4 hours away and was only able to do the trip then so I was unable to keep waiting on results. I risked it anyways and put him in with the does and he has certainly mounted them multiple times by now. Sure enough we just heard back that he is in fact CAE positive. I don't actually know if my does have gotten pregnant yet, I haven't become an expert at telling when they are in heat. So now I'm unsure what to do. I want my does to get pregnant however I worry having this buck around will be a threat to them and their kids. We'll probably butcher him sooner than anticipated however I wonder how difficult it may be to find a CAE negative buck before the end of the rut, if he hasn't impregnated our does yet? Or what if he has and I were to find a new buck? Wondering what others would do in this situation!