The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Rosebay Ridge Nigerian Dwarf Goats
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just sent my first blood samples off to Biotracking for testing today, for pregnancy & CAE. On the submission form, you can check off how you want to be notified, by mail, phone or email. I checked off the last two and noted that either way is good. Now I'm thinking mail would have been best, despite waiting a few extra days, because then I have something official to keep with the herd paperwork.
Does anyone have opinions or experience on CAE records this way?

·
Registered
979 Posts
They will send you an email on letterhead...it will still be official. I print it but also save the email in case the person wants to verify the results are real

·
~Crazy Goat Lady~
29,202 Posts
^ I do the same.. I keep the email in a folder, and print off the results to keep with my records :)

·
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok, thanks, that's good to know. So, TDG Farms, do you mean that even if I check "phone call" for results, they'll mail me a letter to confirm the CAE results?

·
Premium Member
29,236 Posts
Email is awesome. You get an attachment that is the actual official report. You print that off and save it in your records. But it's also saved in your email if you ever need to quickly send it to someone to verify your results. I love it.

I've never had them also snail mail it to me when sending an email report.

And if I want to hear results early I just call to see if results are in yet ;)

·
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Stacey I feel confident about it now. And I can't wait to confirm the first goat pregnancies on our farm, too.

·
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Update: Double happy! Both pregnant, both clear of CAE

1 - 11 of 11 Posts