CAE

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by sparks879, Mar 21, 2008.

1. sparks879

sparks879 New Member

Just got my test results in the mail, everyone is negative!
    beth

2. goatnutty

goatnutty Active Member

Oct 9, 2007
    South East,IN
    That's great news! :cool:

3. Dover Farms

Dover Farms New Member

Oct 16, 2007
    NW Ohio
    That's GREAT!!! Keep up the good work!

I sure hope when we test our herd we get the same good results!!! I pray that we do! :greengrin:

4. enjoytheride

enjoytheride New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Humboldt Co Ca
    Hearing someone has tested and received good results always gives me a sense of satisfaction. There aren't any guarentees in life except if you never test, you will be helping to spread diseases sooner or later.
    Congratulations!

5. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    That is great news!!! :cool:

6. susanne

susanne New Member

Nov 12, 2007
    congratulation beth. i know exactly how that feels :wink:

7. sparks879

sparks879 New Member

thanks guys, i didnt think anyone would be positive as we have been negative for two years now, but there is always that sense of relief.
    beth

8. redneck_acres

redneck_acres New Member

Oct 17, 2007
    Idaho
    Yeah, but it is best to test often-even if your herd comes up negative each time-if you go to shows or allow other animals on to the place-or even take yours onto others places-than you run the risk of them getting CAE or other diseases. That is why we test often.

9. all1965

all1965 New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    AR
    We always hold our breathe while we are waiting on results. We are very careful when people visit the farm. We require them to wear boot covers on their shoes and use hand sanitizer but we do show and with showing there is always a risk. We do try to pen our goats next to other breeders that we know test so as to cut down on the chances but you never know. We came back this year ALL neg to CL and Johnnes (sp). We didnt test this year for CAE. We are alternating between CAE and Johnnes because the tests are so expensive here. some states have a program that helps out with the costs. If Arkansas has one, I havent found it yet. It cost us $340 dollars this year to test our whole herd for just the two but we will always test for CL. It is the most prominent risk for us. We also keep a pretty closed herd. I only buy from tested herds and we have only added 3 new goats from outside our herd in the last year so we try watch everything. Even then you can never be sure. :sigh:
    We just test and hope for those great results. :leap:

10. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    That is wonderful news. Were you worried or was it just to be sure? Anyway that is wonderful news. :leap:

11. sparks879

sparks879 New Member

not really worried but i always hold my breath, as i do show so there is always the risk.
    beth

12. Muddy Creek Farm

Muddy Creek Farm New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa