The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have a clue around how much it would cost to get my herd tested for CAE? I have 13 goats

·
Registered
305 Posts
Call your vet and ask how much he charges. If you know how to draw blood, you can do it yourself and send it into a lab.

Why would you need all 13 goats tested?

Are they all related to each other or come from the same dam or sire?

DonnaBelle

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There are three generations that I have .. Three sisters had two . Those two had three .. So they are technically realated but not really lol if u get me :) umm I will have to call Tomm. But I just wanted a rough estimate

·
Boers & Nubians
1,911 Posts
I asked a thread about it a while ago, and received many varying answers. It basically ranged from $7 a goat to $250 a goat. I would ask your personal vet for a definite answer.

·
Super Moderator
59,633 Posts
You would be looking at a vet farm call, whatever he charges to pull the blood. Then there is the shipping of the blood and the cost at whatever place they send the blood to. You can look on WADDL website to see what they are charging. Then add about $30 for overnight shipping. Then add whatever your vet would charge to come out and pull blood. It has been a while since I have done it so I don't have any numbers off the top of my head.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.