1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Boers & Nubians
1,938 Posts
Goats should be fed at a 2:1 calcium to phosphorus ratio. Since I don't know the rest of your feed, I'm not sure how the bad ratio will affect your goat. These are just minerals, so they are not the controlling feed factor.

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
What is the rest of your feed program? For wethers and bucks i would certainly pass unless everything else is really high is calcium. How is copper in it? Most all purpose don't have enough

·
I'm watching you
22,532 Posts
Tractor supply should carry Mana-Pro minerals they are better then Dumor. Also see if they have.
Cargills Right now Onyx or Cargill Emerald
Sweetlix meat maker 8:16 or Sweetlix Dairy Goat minerals.
All of these are balanced and good quality.

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
I just got the link to finally open. I think it is ok in copper. I'm still weary of the calcium/phosphorus

·
I'm watching you
22,532 Posts
The zinc/copper ratio is off. There's more then 3 times the amount of zinc then copper. That will inhibit copper absortion. My minerals are 1800ppm of copper. More then 3 times the amount as Dumor.
If your going to feed that low of copper, see if you can get Purina Antler Max deer minerals. They are all chleated and high quality ingredients.

·
7 does - 2 bucks - 1 wether
11,090 Posts
I use Manna Pro, and suppliment when needed with replamin currently. It has worked well for my boys thus far.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks. I should have mentioned that the goats don't get any ration. The pasture is crabgrass, fescue, white clover, ryegrass, and weeds like dock and pigweed.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts