Calculated Ivermectin paste doseage

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by liz, May 23, 2010.

1. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    This calculation is based on the 1.87% Ivermectin paste in the 6.08g syringe by Durvet.
    Thise tube will worm a 1250 lb horse
    Each 6.08 g tube is 6cc's
    1cc will worm 208 lbs
    1/2cc will worm 104 lbs
    1/4cc will worm 52 lbs

When dosing, get an accurate weight on the goat and multiply by 3 to get the weight for the above doses.

EXAMPLE:
    Bootsie weighs 85 lbs x 3 = 255 lbs so I would give her 1 and 1/4 cc of the paste....overdosing a little won't hurt.

A 25 lb kid with a triple weight of 75# would get a little more than 1/4 cc
    This should be repeated in 10 days for 3 doses to ensure any hatching eggs are destroyed.

2. mitzeranch

mitzeranch New Member

Jan 8, 2011
    What is the milk-withholding time for Equimax?

3. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Equimax is Ivermectin and Praziquantel.... Not sure of the milk witholding on the latter but Ivermectin is 9 days.

BOTH of these meds are used in people so with knowing this, I'm comfortable with using the milk for myself after 3 days.

4. Wisendorf

Wisendorf New Member

Aug 14, 2012
    ty Liz for this info on Ivermectyn 1.87% paste.Good stuff to know.Im writing it down in my black book,lol

5. mamma2kids

mamma2kids Junior Member

Dec 28, 2012
    Hooper, UT
    I just logged on to figure it out Liz, thank you! Is it safe for pregnant does? I was told the injectable is and its the same stuff so I assume it is.

6. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    As long as it's the 1.87% ivermectin paste I've not had any problems when needing to use it with pregnant does.