The Goat Spot Forum banner
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
I miss my ducks
5,534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Ooo ooo! 🙋‍♀️ Did a calf just happen to show up? 😉😉🙃
I'm like, REALLY considering getting her.... I'm just in LOVE! Ain't she ADORABLE!!!?

·
Registered
I miss my ducks
5,534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
You jave 13 acres. Plenty for 2 cows and a steer. Save your money and fence the property in proper;y THEN get cows. A tied cow is not a happy cow. They graze just like a goat will. They move around constantly. Would you want to be tied Up? Infrastructure is one of THE most i portant things you can do on the property.
It wouldnt be tied all the time.... Just a few days outta the week for maybe an hour. And that would be under supervision. We used to have cows, I know all about it lol. We actually have a cattle pasture already up where we used to have ours. That's where it would live when not out in the lawn eating the tall grass 😁. This calf is one of 3 I'm looking at. She is meat, as we thought about just getting a meat girl and a dairy girl and get a meat steer, then later on get a dairy bull.

·
Registered
I miss my ducks
5,534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
That’s what I do with my milk cow. I tie her out when I’m home and can keep a eye on her and she can get green grass.
Cool!

21 - 35 of 35 Posts