The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Team,

My name is Josh. My Family and I live in the Wairau Valley near Blenheim, NZ on a 35 acre lifestyle block, north facing over looking the river and mountains.
We have 3 children, purebred Andalusian mares in foal, sheep, cattle, chickens, dogs etc......oh what a life ha ha!

We are doin' our best to find a starter herd of mini/pygmy goats in NZ but are having a current underspell in luck so if anyone could help us find a breeder here we would be most grateful indeed.

Love the forum, can see us being here a bit, picking brains and threads etc

Josh

·
Registered
336 Posts
Hi Josh - I don't think we have any in NZ???? Let me know if you find any....

·
Registered
16 Posts
There is a guy in the South Island who has a few that he imported from Australia a while back. Occasionally he sells on Trademe. I don't have contact details sorry. The other (and for my money, cooler) option is NZ's own miniature breed Rawhiti. They are a slightly different shape, not so stumpy but more like a dairy goat that shrunk. They get to about 60cm at the shoulder 30kg weight in a mature buck. Kids are not much more than a kilo at birth. They milk in proportion to their size, which is nice for those with a small block, and they have excellent feet. Andrea's website is the best place to start if you want to find out more, she also knows most of the breeders. http://tehuafarm.com/pluck/?file=kop2.php

·
goat girl x0x0
2,478 Posts
Welcome to TGS! I'm from Australia :p
Just wanna add in that chatoyance is making those Rawhitis sound really great, even better than Australian minis. :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts