CAMERAS

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by KFOWLER, Jan 1, 2011.

1. KFOWLER

KFOWLER New Member

Oct 5, 2010
    OKLAHOMA
    OK...been watchin the barn cams and actually saw Spice give birth to her twins...congrats!! Thinkng of getting one...any suggesions on type?

2. Bellafire Farm

Bellafire Farm New Member

Jan 5, 2010
    NW Oregon
    Was just doing a Goat Spot "SEARCH" for barn cams and it comes up with a few links...on in particular has a post pointing to the other 4 times it's come up on the board.... I was just looking at it too...

I'll find it for you and post it.

Only problem is that no-one seems to really say WHICH one the actually got.

I am intersted to know which one the breeder in Colorado has....ummmm....her name is escaping me at the moment...but she's got an adorable picture of herself with a winning ribbon from the Colorado Fair....
    I would really be interested in which one she has...

Also I think Phoenix Rising has a great camera (since I've been watching it none stop for 3 days!)...like the pic quality a lot... on a previous post she said she bought a Linksys ???? I think? Not sure of the actual model though? Maybe she can post her and let us know??

I'd also want to know which one's can hook up to Mare Stare and/or the internet? Do they all do that? Or do I need to be looking at a camera to have something specific listed, something relating to internet?

I'll go find that prior post for you...

3. Bellafire Farm

Jan 5, 2010
    NW Oregon

4. Bellafire Farm

Jan 5, 2010
    NW Oregon
    Oh and it was Lori at SweetGoats that I was trying to think of...

Sorry Lori for forgetting your name.... good news is...I love you picture & it is apparently very memorable for me. LOL! :) Probably because I have a friend here in Oregon who has won the Breeder/Exhibitor award for years and years...just like you! Congrat's!

PS If you're ready this, can you tell us what camera you have and if it can hook-up to the internet?

5. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    Hey Tracy, no problem. But I have to ask you, is that friend a Cashmere breeder also? If so is it Mickey? Just wondering.

My camera is a well I don't know. I went to get it and look and it does not have a make on it at all. It says it is a 24G. It is wireless, has sound and night vision, and goes like 300 feet, plus color.

I got it off Ebay from a guy that sells all that kind of stuff.

6. Kfin

Kfin New Member

Jun 23, 2010
    Canyon, TX
    We have used the one at Harbor Freight for $29 it is in color, has night vision, weatherproof, and has audio. It works awsome. And you can easily get a longer cord from Lowes, its just 4way phone wire. Our Barn was about 150' from our house, we ran the cord in some conduit and buried it in the ground work great. WE had excellent picture and we could hear what was going on in the barn. We used it for our mares during foaling season. Fantastic camera for the price.

7. pelicanacresMN

pelicanacresMN New Member

I ordered mine from hoegger supply. I have a wood barn so I was able to order the one for $249. Here's the info:
    Keeping a close eye inside your barn, especially at kidding time, can make a life or death difference. BarnCam offers the latest wireless video monitoring technology for either wood barns or barns made of metal, stone and block. The 2.4 Ghz system features 500' transmission from barn to house, clear reception for audio and low-light conditions, wide angle lens, steel encased camera, waterproof outdoor transmitter, indoor auto-switch home receiver/controller, two antennas, two adapters, camera mounting brackets and connector line. It's simple and convenient to install to your TV or VCR (not included) and complete add-on packages are available for features such as multiple cameras, 1000' high-gain receiver, color viewing (standard viewing is black-and-white), and web hook-up for monitoring while away from home.

Choose camera type:

*BarnCam for Wood Barns (pictured) - $249.00
    *BarnCam for Metal, Stone, or Block Barns - $449.00
    http://hoeggergoatsupply.com/xcart/sear ... rch&page=1

8. Bellafire Farm

Jan 5, 2010
    NW Oregon
    Hi Lori... nope she's a Nigerian breeder.... Camanna Farms is her farm... GREAT lady all around... wonderful dear friend...and super goat lady too!!

Hmmm....can you still find the guy on Ebay... if so maybe I can piece it together with the 24G info and his info? Do you know if it can hook-up to internet?

Our doe kidding pens are about 100ft. from the house. We have no way to bury a line as it goes under the concrete driveway.
    There are no other "obstacles" between the house and kidding pens, just the backyard :)
    And we actually do not have internet up there at that house (it's getting remodeled right now)... but eventually I'd like to have it on the internet...so I'll need one that is capable.

Thinking I'll PM Pheonix Farm and ask them directly... but I think I'll let them get some sleep first! LOL! :ZZZ:

9. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    I have a security camera from Walmart...not a web cam though :sigh:
    It came with 1 camera and receiver for $80...I got an additional camera from Amazon for $50....to cover main area and 2 kidding stalls.
    Mine has 2 cams for the receiver..wireless, color and night vision with sound. Very clear pic on the TV screen.

I'm VERY interested in a web cam though...preferably wireless and cheap but with good quality.

10. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts
    You can hook up any security camera to the internet. You need something called a Dazzle. It feeds the video to the computer and i use flash player encoder to stream it to marestare.

As for camera. I have two now. I go with wired cameras all the way... soooo worth it. I couldn't stand the interference.

11. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Really? So if I could, my existing cams can be "web cams"? My wireless has been awesome, I have no interferance at all....my receiver and TV are less than 100 feet from the cams in the barn though.