Can goats eat gingerbread cookies/ginger snaps?

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by Chili Goat, Dec 12, 2009.

1. Chili Goat

Chili Goat New Member

May 27, 2009
    I'm going to be making gingerbread cookies for my horses soon and was wondering if my goats can have a little cookie too? It wouldn't be a big piece and would be a one time deal - a Christmas time treat. Just wondering, I wouldn't want the goats to feel left out if they don't have too!

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    yup perfectly safe -- and the goats will love you

3. Chili Goat

Chili Goat New Member

May 27, 2009
    Thanks! Now I can't wait to see how the goats like them! The word "cookie" can cause a quite a frenzy in my barn already.

4. Trace

Trace New Member

Dec 28, 2008
    I ahve left over popcorn balls from Walmart from Halloween - my two ladies will mow you right down to get at them - its like they are DESPARATE to taste them!!! They only get a little bit - my horse yoms down the rest.

:)

5. Mully

Mully New Member

Jun 23, 2009
    Mt Ulla , NC
    You do realize that they will expect cookies every time they see you ... they may even scream for cookies. :ROFL:

6. pennylullabelle

pennylullabelle New Member

I have apple cookies for my horses that my goats LOVE. It's just so funny because the girl's stall is on one side of my feed stall, and the boy's stall is on the other. So, as soon as I am in the feed stall they all just start squealing! I have little feed doors I can open up into their stalls, so I start handing out cookies and they try to jump through the door. Such goof balls! But yes, they will never let me forget that I dared give them cookies for the first time.

7. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    I agree... they love them and it is OK to feed it to them.... they will be your friend forever...LOL :D

8. Chili Goat

Chili Goat New Member

May 27, 2009
    Thanks everyone! My goats are already addicted to animal crackers and teddy grahams so I'm pretty used to getting tag teamed and tackled for cookies. I love giving them something new and watching their reactions while they try to decide if they like it and then the excitement when they decide that they do. I guess I'll be baking some cookies in the next few days here!

9. sealawyer

sealawyer New Member

May 31, 2009
    Dew, Texas
    Dear Kind Cookie Giver, :angel2:

Can I have some too!?!? :leap:

From: The Fat Man that loves Christmas Cookies! :slapfloor:

10. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Oh Fred ...you are so funny...LOL :ROFL: :greengrin:

11. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    :greengrin: Mine love cookies!! They'll inhale oatmeal/raisin as well as molasses spice and though they don't get them often they still search my pockets every chance they get. At Easter time...I tend to share my Jelly Beans too :wink:

12. Shelly Borg

Shelly Borg New Member

Nov 2, 2009
    Redding CA
    I eat pepermints and I have one goat that will all out mug me to see if I have any. :D

13. crocee

crocee New Member

Jul 25, 2008
    Northeast Arkansas
    I give worm meds on cookies, granola bars, crackers, you name it. They just love them and there's no fighting with them to get their mouths open. They will also take it on apples and pears that I buy specifically for them. Copper will now be given in marshmallows since its easier and they practically swallow the things. The hardest things about raising goats has become much easier.

14. Nupine

Nupine New Member

Nov 13, 2007
    South Eastern Ohio
    Sure! They would love them. We give our goats all kinds of things, including apple cores [they will eat the whole core] and peels, cereals that we don't like are that or slightly stale, crackers that are a little stale [such as saltines and ritz], corn husks [they LOVE them], and carrots that are beginning to rot, plus bread [a piece or two a day, since we are able to get about 100 loaves every couple months for $4 and we freeze them, and they love frozen bread too].