The Goat Spot Forum banner

Can goats eat weeds?

4K views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  toth boer goats 
#1 ·
Okay I finally know what coop I'm buying, what fencing I'm using, and EVERYTHING except for where I'm going to put it all. Mostly all our property is weeds so would it be okay if I just put their coop and fencing in the weeds? Thanks!

#6 ·
Mine eat fiddle neck, and we have something called tar weed and they will eat it when it first starts to grow before it gets all sticky. We have a weed called turkey....something and they will not touch it. Only one way to find out if they eat it, stick them out there. But if your not too sure if its bad for them dont let them get hungry and 9out of 10 times they will not touch it. But sylvie is right they love brush the best and wouldnt hurt to find out what is bad for them ;)

#7 ·
As long as the weeds are not toxic,it is safe, they will graze.
Some weeds,they won't touch though, fox tails is one of them.

They love star-thistle when it is green and soft and will eat the stickers too, I say ouch every time I seen them eat it. They will knock them totally out.
I had a field full of them, now, there is not one left out there.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.