Can I Brag a bit?

Discussion in 'The Chatter Box' started by sweetgoats, Mar 7, 2010.

1. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    I would like to thank each and every one of you that prayed for my daughter (Brenna) when she was so sick. Because of all your prayers and well wishes and my daughters determination to get better she is a lot better.

She is able to eat and is just having the time of her life in College.

But also because she was able tot get better she was able to win our 2010 El Paso County Fair Queen title.

She tried out last year and was first runner up. Everyone told her and I that she should of won it hands down. So Brenna held her head high and said to those people "no if the lord wanted me to win that he would of had me crowned, he didn't so he has other things planned for me". Wow I was SSSOOO proud of her, lets just say she took ti better then most of the rest of the family. Then at the Fair that year she won Grand Champion Round Robin. (Never has a goat person and only a goat person won it before). As she came out of the ring, she said "see that was what the lord had planned for me".

So she has been working really hard on her speech and thing for the tryouts. She has been giving her speed to the Speech department teachers and their classes so she could get use to doing it in from of just anyone.

Well the try outs were yesterday, and she was Crowned the 2010 El Paso County Fair Queen.

Getting her Crown Getting her Sash Here she is
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. farmergal

farmergal New Member

Jun 19, 2009
    Northern California
    :stars: Congratulations, sounds like you have raised a very smart and devoted young lady! She is beautiful too... looks a lot like the picture of you in your sig!

You deserve to brag about this for the rest of the year... and treasure these photos forever!

3. Cinder

Cinder New Member

Mar 2, 2008
    Congrats Lori! She is such a beautiful young lady.. inside and out. I'm guessing she gets it all from her mom! :)

4. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Congratulations to Brenna!!! :leap:
    Beautiful young lady you have there Lori, I am so glad that she has recovered from the illness enough to enjoy her perseverance with this accomplishment :hug: You have every reasong to brag...and to be proud doing so :hug:

5. greatcashmeres

greatcashmeres New Member

Jul 13, 2008
    Maine
    Congrats to all you both must be so proud and rightly so! :stars: Wonderful in the moment pics-thanks for sharing the special event. Her outfit is super! :thumb:

6. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    Thank You. I am just beaming with Pride.

That is my daughter in the signature line. I WISH I looked that young. :ROFL:

7. OhCee

OhCee Yak Lady

Feb 26, 2010
    Western MT
    Wow!! What a great honor for your daughter :D Glad she was able to get well and be crowned! That's awesome!

8. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    thats awesome Lori -- Congrats to you and your daughter :)

9. cdtrum

cdtrum New Member

Aug 25, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    Lori, Congrats :clap: to your beautiful daughter and brag on Momma!....that's one of our duties as being a mom!

10. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
  11. farmergal

farmergal New Member

Jun 19, 2009
    Northern California
    Silly me... (blushing)... I always thought that was you! Now I see that they are in fact the same person... I feel so dumb! But, that is still one very pretty young lady there :) Congrats to you and your family.

12. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    She is very pretty girl...congrats..... :leap: I am so happy.. she won and that she is healthy again..... :hi5: :hug: :cool: :greengrin:

13. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.

Oh no worries. She has her hair up in one and and down with her hat on the other one. It is amazing how a dress and getting all dolled up will make you look different.
    Thank you.