Not necessarily. A lot of dry hay can look dusty and be perfectly fine. You have to use common sense when feeding hay...if it smells and looks moldy, then don't feed it.Hay with mold is horrible!! I know in horses it can cause breathing problems and a cough, can't imagine what it does to their bellies. You can even tell if hay is beginning to mold bc when you separate the flakes it's dusty, that's a bad sign!
Your statement is totally untrue! Dusty hay has absolutely NOTHING to do with hay starting to mold. Mold is the result of hay being rained on, stored improperly, or baled too wet. They are two completely different things, so please do some research prior to making sweeping statements like this in the future. Thank you in advance.You can even tell if hay is beginning to mold bc when you separate the flakes it's dusty, that's a bad sign!