Can I feed my tree to the goats?

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by trailhound, Dec 30, 2008.

1. trailhound

trailhound New Member

Mar 22, 2008
    North Carolina
    It is time for my Christmas tree to leave the house. Can I feed my Frazier fir to the goats? Probably not the whole thing at one time since this is not a part of their regular diet, but a few branches at a time?

I hope everyone is well- I haven't been on here for a long time due to an overload of work, but I still love my goats as much as ever!

2. deenak

deenak New Member

Oct 10, 2007
    Ames Iowa
    Some trees from commercial lots have been sprayed with various chemicals. I wouldn't feed those trees to my goats.

3. Cinder

Cinder New Member

Mar 2, 2008
    Unless you can absolutely verify that the trees haven't been sprayed with any chemicals I wouldn't feed them to any of my animals. (That's always been frustrating to me because my llamas LOVE pine trees...)
  4. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    I am heading out to pick up trees from the side of the road.... I have never worried about them being sprayed with anything. By now anything sprayed on them has washed off or worn off. I do this every year with no ill effects
  5. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    we don't spray our trees around here and I feed them every limb I can find - "goats on crack" is what I call them. They see me coming with the limbs and they start "feening" :ROFL:
  6. PiccoloGoat

PiccoloGoat goat girl x0x0

Sep 10, 2008
    Goats on Crack :shocked: