The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

· nubian lover
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a first time dairy goat owner and i have a 3 yr old Nubian that has kidded once. When I bought her she was supposed to be bred. I do not have a buck so is hard to tell. Can anyone give me an educated guess by some behind pictures?

· nubian lover
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thank you for all advice. When I bought her she was just drying off I tried to pick her milk production back up but between the moving and cold weather and her being bred back it didn't last to long. But if she took being bred I am very excited to learn and see what she will produce in the bucket. Its my first time and I'm sure it will be a good start.

· Banned
5,939 Posts
Do you know what she delivered kid wise last pregnancy? When a doe has a single kid, a lot of times the kid will only suck one side and that results in a lopsided udder.

· Banned
5,939 Posts
I'm not very good at this, but I will try. If you look at her vulva, see how the tip is pointing down instead of up? That is usually an indication that the doe is bred. If you do a search for 'pooch test', you will find more information.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.