The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I have a doe who kidded a couple days ago and I just realized I hadn't given her the 30 day before kidding CDT booster because I thought she wasn't due for another month (I had taken her to the buck a few times because I thought she wasn't bred the first time, turns out she was!) Anyway, I am wondering if I should give a CDT booster to her now? (she has had the loading doses and had her most recent dose on 9/4/20) If I do give her CDT now will her kids get the right amount of immunity from her milk? If I skip her for now, can I still give CDT to her kids on the normal schedule? Can I drink her milk after she gets the shot?

Thanks!

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you ksalvagno and toth boer goats for your responses! I meant to get back to this thread sooner, but you know how kidding season is. I found this article Annual CDT Vaccination for Goats And it says “If kids are from a dam that has not been vaccinated, they can be vaccinated at three to four weeks, and also need the booster three to four weeks later.” So I will plan to do that since the kids didn't get any immunity from the doe. I am happy to know I can drink milk from the doe when I give her the annual shot.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.