The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Nubian billy that hates bring alone goatwise. He wont be quiet for days and gets defensive.he has a bunch of chickens in w him. I am going to remove the doe that's in there w him in the next 2 weeks to go into a kidding pen. I have a young wether that needs to be weaned. Will he be ok w the Billy? The Billy has no horns. Thoughts?

·
2,203 Posts
I have a Nubian billy that hates bring alone goatwise. He wont be quiet for days and gets defensive.he has a bunch of chickens in w him. I am going to remove the doe that's in there w him in the next 2 weeks to go into a kidding pen. I have a young wether that needs to be weaned. Will he be ok w the Billy? The Billy has no horns. Thoughts?
I'd say they need a couple baby sitting sessions before 24/7 but other than that, good to go!

·
Crazy Goat Lady
4,324 Posts
Well, depends on the buck...I always like to put several goats into a new situation at once...they will spread the aggression around and nobody takes it alone.

I'll be interested in how it goes for you, I have several boys that I'd like to put together in the pasture with the "big boys". Hubby says they are too small.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
It really depends on the buck. The LaMancha I had was the perfect babysitter for his buck and wether sons. He adored them and played with them and cuddled them, it was precious. A lot of bucks you just can not do that with but until you see how he is with the wether you won't know for sure. i agree with others who suggested supervised visits until you see how it goes. My bucks always have a wether buddy or two.

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
I would consider putting him now while the doe is still in there. It will make the change of two things at once be easier. I have put a 3 month old Nubian in with a full size buck and had no problems. Give him somewhere he can go to be safe but otherwise he should be fine.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts