The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 2 babies that I know have tapeworms. They are on the same pasture as the caretakers goats that takes care of the pastures at my house. He put out a cattle wormer block..he thinks it may have been safeguard but forgot :(. Today is the third day for the block. I don't know how much they have licked on it because he aslo put a bucket of salt out instead of making the block be the only source of salt for 3 days. This is a HUGE pasture..and they spend more time down by my house not where his block is...though I have seen one of them licking on it.

I want to dose my goats with safeguard to get rid of the tapeworm for sure..one is looking light pink in his eyes and fur is ratty. They've been wormed for other worms with cydectin and have been on molly's herbal one for months. I see tapeworms on thier bums.

Should I wait and see how the block does for them..or should I go ahead and dose and remove the caretakers block?

·
Premium Member
10,654 Posts
It you know it is tapeworms and you had a fecal to back it up yep I sure would do the dewormer. A block they are not going to get enough to help them.

·
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks..I will go out and give them the safeguard then.

I'm sure it's tapeworm because of what I see...so many little rice worms in her poop. But once I get her cleared of this I found a website someone mentioned that you can send in fecal samples and get them tested for only 5 bucks..way cheaper then here at the vet.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts