Can I use Ivermectin and sulfer med at same time?

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by Cinder, Jul 18, 2009.

1. Cinder

Cinder New Member

Mar 2, 2008
    I'm on day four of treating my doe for cocci. I have found something like mites in my barn! Ahhh!! I'm freakin out... I don't know if they are from the llamas, goats or what? I actually found them on a board in my kidding stall but don't have goats in there right now. Anyway.. I want to treat my goats with ivermectin paste but don't know if I should wait a few days to start that treatment when this doe is on the sulfur med.

I have sprinkled DE on all my goats also.

These little bugs are very tiny. I can see them but I have to look closely... they are a brownish color and just a pin dot moving around. I found some on my hand! Get it off me! Get if off me! Anyone have these before?
  2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    not sure exactly what they are but I do believe that mites are almost impossible to see with the naked eye so I dont think they are mites.

As to the ivermectin question - yes you can give both at the same time - but if you want to treat for external parasites you need to give it as an injection.

3. Cinder

Cinder New Member

Mar 2, 2008
    Stacey - can I give both oral and an injection of Ivermectin at the same time to treat for internal and external parasites?
  4. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    On the same goat? Doing the injection itself would be enough to get internal and external.
    Doing the oral would get the internal parasites, using the DE or even Sevin would get the external. I personally wouldn't do an oral and an injection on the same goat at the same time, maybe do the injection now and an oral dose in 10 days.
  5. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    I agree with Liz... :thumbup: