Can my does kids be registered as purebred?

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by Kfin, Nov 11, 2010.

1. Kfin

Kfin New Member

Jun 23, 2010
    Canyon, TX
    I have two girls that are registered with ADGA but one is 88% Lamancha and 13% Nubian with gofer ears
    The other is 95% Lamancha and 5%nubian with elf ears. I am breeding them both to a purebred buck, Gambler the one I am buying.
    But can I registered the kids as purebred yet? And how would I go about doing that?

2. myfainters

myfainters New Member

Oct 29, 2009
    Lancaster, CA
    hmmmm not sure you might need to contact the ADGA for that info? I know with fainters... the sire/dam needs to be 97% or higher and bred to a purebred for kids to reach purebred status.

3. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    By breeding them to a purebred buck, their offspring will be 1st generation American LaMancha. If the 1st gen are bred to purebred you get 2nd gen American. It takes 3 generations to get to purebred. If you does have bucks and pass their elf ears on to the bucks, they will still remain part nubian or they cannot be registered at all(LaMancha bucks need to have gopher ears)

Now if you bred a 1st gen x a 1st gen you get a 2nd gen. If you breed a 1st gen x a 3rd gen you get a 2nd gen etc. If you breed a 3rd gen to a purebred, you get a purebred and so on. Sorry if that doesn't make sense :p

4. harmonygoats

harmonygoats New Member

Nov 19, 2007
    Northern Arkansas
    Sandy has it correct. If they are both 1st generation then their kids will be 2nd generation.