The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
IMG_8989.JPG
IMG_8990.JPG
This is our ongoing debate, hubby thinks there is no way our does can get pregnant through this fence, I told him I think it's possible and I don't want any surprises. What's your opinion?

·
Registered
4,120 Posts
I have seen very "nice" fence climbing and fence jumping. When a doe sends out her aromatic emergency call "UNBORN GENERATIONS CRY OUT IN ME FOR LIIIFE!!!" And I have HEARD, no evidence, about a goat getting pregnant through a Gunnebo fence:
https://sv.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gunnebostängsel
(About 5 cm a mash.)

For your nice barn, I would bet a whole dollar that either party will be able to get over that fence.

(PS "Nice" is the memory. It was not very nice to stand there, one slippery billy-beard in each hand, and a too young doe in heat circling around us, no hand for opening a gate, the billies not exactly standing still ...)

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks! The barn came with the house, I'm happy we didn't have to build a barn from scratch. It was a horse barn but we adapted it for our little goat herd.

I'll have hubby rig something up to make the fence higher so nobody gets any ideas for unauthorized date nights.

Trollmor, that's a chainlink fence. That would be a real head scratcher how they got pregnant through that.

·
Registered
4,120 Posts
Trollmor, that's a chainlink fence. That would be a real head scratcher how they got pregnant through that.
Chainlink fence, thanks! I have no evidence that there was really a pregnancy through it, I do not know if there were perhaps any unauthoritized human visitor, or some other un-noted factor. But IF they managed to do it through that fence, I say, there must have been a great deal of determination, thinking, agility, and co-operation from both parties ... :confused::eek:o_O

I wish you good luck in thinking faster than your goats, and in convincing Hubby that it is better to be safe than sorr ... Oops, I mean happy! :eek:ohlala::kid3::kid2::kid::love:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts