Can offspring be registered after the bucks have been sold?

Discussion in 'Goat Management' started by MrKamir, Jan 23, 2011.

1. MrKamir

MrKamir New Member

Nov 1, 2009
    texas
    I have some babies on the ground and some being born soon and my husband is wanting to sell my bucks now who are the daddies. Can the babies still be registered after the bucks are gone? One buckling has been spoken for but the lady is waiting for him to be weaned. Will she have trouble registering the buckling if I already sold my buck? Do I need to hang on to my bucks til I sell my babies off? This registering thing is confusing. My husband said we should make copies of their registries so we still have their registry numbers after we sell them. But what if the person who buys them transfers and registers the bucks under their name before the babies are born? Can their babies still be registered under our herd name? I need a answer fast cause someone is coming out tomorrow to buy them. By the way, the bucks are AGS registered. thank you.

2. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Re: Can offspring be registered after the bucks have been so

Yep - the kids sure can as long as the buck was in your name at the time of conception :) Just make sure that you date the bill of sale correctly :) The kids that are already on the ground - you just need to register them prior to sell or give them the filled out registration papers and a transfer to their name

Babies would still have your herd name and your tattoo (since born on your farm).

I keep copies of all of my registries whenever possible - just in case.

3. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA

Yep...what Allison said. ;)

4. MrKamir

MrKamir New Member

Nov 1, 2009
    texas

Thank you for your quick response. Now I can sleep a little easier tonight. Now we gonna look for a new buckling ourselves but first we gonna give the mammas a little rest and downsize a bit on does. We getting a little old and hard to keep up with all the births. You know you got too many when you stop counting. :help:

5. Re: Can offspring be registered after the bucks have been so

LOL True true...so you know, if you are the breeder of the goat you can register long after the goat is sold if the same was done. Some registries will let you do more then that at times too if you are the breeder of the goat in question, like register the goat once sold if the owner does not decide to snd you have kids from that goat on the ground.

6. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ

hehe -- better be able to since I sold my buck :p

but really yes you can and its no biggy as long as you have the sire's registration number and info handy. You will need that to fill out the registration applications and its more work if you have to track it down later. So I always make a copy of the registration papers for my records. That way I have everything I need :)

7. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California

:laugh: I agree with everyone....and good luck with your registry.... :thumb: :wink: