Can someone send me a buck rag?

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by tracyqh, Oct 15, 2010.

1. tracyqh

tracyqh New Member

Aug 9, 2010
    Ohio
    Sounds like a silly request, but we are short of bucks in these parts. I will send you a pre-paid FedEx label, jar and rag. Desperate times call for desperate measures.... :laugh:

2. TinyHoovesRanch

TinyHoovesRanch New Member

bahahahahaha this is sooooo funny!

3. SterlingAcres

SterlingAcres Member

Oct 19, 2009
    If you seriously want one, I can get you one. Zorro smells AWFUL. lol

4. TinyHoovesRanch

Would it really work? lol

5. SterlingAcres

SterlingAcres Member

Oct 19, 2009
    I think she meant to tell if her ladies are in heat or not... obviously, it cannot impregnate them. lol

6. TinyHoovesRanch

I know lol. thats what I was asking. Would the smell bring them into like standing heat?

7. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    yes it can help if the rag is smelly enough and you either bring it out every day or tack it up in or near their barn

8. TinyHoovesRanch

HMMMMM lol I need to try it....My buck doesnt smell yet but he is trying to breed

9. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    I can also. To bad you did not say this yesterday. I just threw out a old rag I had in the barn that he loved to rub all over. I have no idea why it was in the barn (I think I used it to clean the water tank). I could not figure out what that smell was, and I saw him over in the corner. There was the rag on the post and he was rubbing all over it. I put it out for the trash man yesterday. :applaud:

If you give me your address, I will find a old rag, and take it to him and seal it in a couple plastic bags, and sent it off to you.

Now do you have a buck in line so when she comes in heat you will be ready? If so you could ask them if you could do it with a rag there.

10. Guest

Guest Guest

Yep it works. The local 4-H leader gives some of her 4-H members rags to put around the does to bring them in. Usually does in about 2 days. She had offered to give me one because the new buck didn't stink very much when I got him. Now he reaks and I will find out in 3 weeks if he has done his job.

11. logansmommy7

logansmommy7 New Member

Nov 11, 2009
    Shenandoah Valley, VA
    I've DEFINITELY got some stinkies if you'd like one. Just let me know!

12. tracyqh

tracyqh New Member

Aug 9, 2010
    Ohio
    Thanks. I have a buck lined up, but didn't want to take her until I was sure she was coming in. I'll take all the rags I can get!

13. I'll send ya one too!! My guys are SMEEEEELLLLLLLYYYYY! PM me your info! I would be glad to help you out!

14. nagismom

nagismom New Member

Sep 25, 2010
    northern ohio
    Hey we're in North central Ohio and I would be more than happy to send you a rag. Heck I could send you the t shirt I was wearing Thursday when my buck sprayed me with urine as I was walking past his pen. LOL

15. tracyqh

tracyqh New Member

Aug 9, 2010
    Ohio
    :thankU: to SterlingAcres for sending me a STINKY!!!! :shocked: present of a buck rag blessed by Zorro. hopefully my girlies will fall for it! :lovey:

16. Good luck!! I hope it works for you!