The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,546 Posts
Her face tells me mini nubian. Her ears also aren't as floppy as a full bred nubians would be (most of them). Or, as Liz said, she may just be a stunted crossbred doe.

·
Premium Member
23,224 Posts
My mom has a little guy that looks similar to your girl, he was an escapee from an auction truck with a nigi buck...well, I caught both and they joined my mom's mixed herd, wethered and even estimating Reds age at 4 months old going by teeth, he was a scrawny potbellied little guy.
He's been fed well, wormed, vaccinated and even after a year of this he still hasn't grown very much.

Attachments

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks to all for your input! She really could be any - or even all! - of those things. She is very, very sweet.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
She's a little over a year old, so she is fully grown. We bought her as sort of an add-in to a buck-doe-kid Kiko-Spanish family and I'm not sure exactly where she came from or what her background is. I'm sure she's a dairy mix, but of what exactly, or in what proportion, I haven't a clue. I'm really appreciating everybody's suggestions! Thank you!

·
Premium Member
23,224 Posts
She doesn't look to have the bulk of a Boer or a Pygmy...and she will continue to grow til she's around 3 years old, most goats reach their mature size at that age. I'm gonna say that she may be a a cross with a Nigerian, giving that she looks more dairy than meat.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Mature size at 3 - good to know. She is substantially smaller than the other one we have who is also around a year (another add-on, that one more Boer than not, but also some dairy), so I would agree that there must be some Nigerian in there. She has an adorable personality.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts