The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted earlier but didn't get any replies... thought because maybe my post was too long.

Can you tape up teats to prevent nursing on a doe with mastitis? I don't have enough room to put everyone in their own separate pens just now.

They are old enough to be weaned.. just don't have the pen/shelter space for everyone right now.

·
Premium Member
22,982 Posts
I just got home from work and in from watering my goats, I did see and replied to your first post. Once you infuse meds into the teats you need to keep the med there and yes you can tape the teats so the kids don't suck it out.

·
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for your quick replies! I want to get this done and was trying to figure out how I was going to keep the doeling from nursing. I have the bucklings in a separate pen. We're going to put another pen up since they haven't been sold yet, but just can't get it done as fast as I need it done today.

How does one tape the teat? Does the tape stay on good?

Vet never said to milk her..

·
567 Posts
They have a tape especially for teats I think you may be able to get it at tractor supply but not for sure

·
567 Posts
And you want to milke before putting in the meds

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.