The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know bucks can live together and be fine for the most part, but I was curious if two horned boer bucks would be fine? I'm sure they were but we have contemplating getting a young buckling to be with our boer that is a year old or getting a buck about the same age. Thoughts?
Also... We have the does separated and the only time they would be near the does is when they are in stalls in the barn but that is primarily dying colder seasons.

·
Premium Member
Raising Quality Show & Commercial Goats
6,173 Posts
Hi..I have 2 Boer Bucks and a mature Myotonic buck on a 1 acre paddock. They stay together until breeding season. Then each of them go to seperate doe pastures . Then after the time alotted the 3 go back together. All 3 have horns.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi..I have 2 Boer Bucks and a mature Myotonic buck on a 1 acre paddock. They stay together until breeding season. Then each of them go to seperate doe pastures . Then after the time alotted the 3 go back together. All 3 have horns.
Alright awesome. I have always seen posts on bucks staying together but they never clarified on if they were dehorned or not.

·
Administrator
85,553 Posts
Yes, you have to watch for a while, some get out of control and start really hurting the other.
Some cannot have a buddy, but many do get along and butt heads once in a while without causing pain or injury.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.