The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If so what doseage? I've noticed mine seems to be sniffling....May give him some penicillin incase it's so.e other upper respiratory infection. This is my new little man, Button. Why Button? Well he sure is a cute as one! Excuse the gushing but other than the lite sniffle and wet sounding sneeze and a little single cough sometimes....He's fine. Took his temp last night, it's 102.7 so if I remember correctly that's the norm. He's acting like a normal fat, well cared for 10 day old buck. =)

Attachments

·
Banned
5,939 Posts
Yes, but I'm not sure of the dosage. I'm sure someone will chime in with the dosage before too long. He is adorable! Is he Nigerian Dwarf?

·
I'm watching you
22,551 Posts
He would get children's Benedryl at the same dose as a human child. What you're describing though may be better helped by Children's Robitussin DM, same as the other, follow the human dosing guide.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok. I knew you could give it to dogs. I have to dose my Boston's bc they have allergy problems. I sound ignorant but from what it seems, goats are kind of like dogs. They can take some of the same meds. That's just what I've noticed

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, but I'm not sure of the dosage. I'm sure someone will chime in with the dosage before too long. He is adorable! Is he Nigerian Dwarf?
He is a pygmy. =)

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Which dosage instructions should i follow... 2 tsp or 4tsp....?

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Will this work?

Attachments

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Awesome thankyou so much. This may be a stupid question but could i give him a small dose of antibiotics if it would help?

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thank you =)

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Would the penicillin injectable work? Was at tsc Earlier....knew I should've picked it up! G penicillin is all I've got right now

·
I'm watching you
22,551 Posts
Pen G isn't real effective on respiratory infections. It's more for wounds, eyes, and mucous membrane. It *may* do something if it is a sinus infection. I'd rather do the Tylan to begin with.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Ok. I'll make do with what I have til Friday and then I'll get the tylan.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Also could I give him equine rumor electrolytes? If not I'll get some today I'm done with the formula replacer . He's got yellowish brown runs and I feel so bad. Getting whole milk from the dairy farm down the road.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts