Can we talk about pooches?

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by MiGoat, May 2, 2010.

1. MiGoat

MiGoat New Member

Apr 21, 2010
    West Michigan
    I just did a search looking through all the pooch threads. Seems I am missing some cuz I recall seeing more "is she pregnant" threads. But anyway I also read where Liz said the area gets all relaxed when pregnant. Is that just her pooch or also her anus that relaxes.
    Does anyone have any good before and after pictures to help me figure this out?
    Thanks all!

2. hphorses

hphorses New Member

Feb 16, 2010
    Waldron, SK. Canada
    Thanks for bringing this up as I have been going through all the pictures, trying to figure out what I am missing as well!

VERY curious to learn this!!

Tara

3. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
  4. MiGoat

MiGoat New Member

Apr 21, 2010
    West Michigan
    Thank you Stacey! That's what I was looking for.

5. MiGoat

MiGoat New Member

Apr 21, 2010
    West Michigan
    You know I looked and looked and can't see a difference! Dang what am I missing? LOL

6. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    Experience probably

it really it something you learn by watching your own goats

7. FunnyRiverFarm

FunnyRiverFarm New Member

Sep 13, 2008
    Hudson, MI
    Don't worry MiGoat...I can't see much of a diff. in any of those pics either but I can tell on my own goats. When you see them every day it becomes much more obvious and it is easier to tell when they are farther along as well. Around 3 -3 1/2 months they really start get loose and *somewhat* enlarged back there and everything starts to get kind of jiggly...you will notice what I am talking about when you are walking behind them...LOL...:)

8. greatcashmeres

greatcashmeres New Member

Jul 13, 2008
    Maine
  9. MiGoat

MiGoat New Member

Apr 21, 2010
    West Michigan
    Thanks FunnyRiverFarm. I thought "what is wrong with me? they look the same!" LOL

Laura...I see the difference! Except I thought it was supposed to "soften" as the pregnancy progresses? To me it looks "tighter" is that wrong?
    The first pictures at that link show very loose looking pooches..swollen.

10. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    were you looking at fcnubians post? thats the one she was wanting ot point out -- its furhter down the topic

11. MiGoat

MiGoat New Member

Apr 21, 2010
    West Michigan
    I was Stacey. It seems to me the "end of december" pic looks tighter than end of november. Am I looking at the wrong thing?
    I am probably going to have to wait to see my goats then go "OHHHHH that's what it looks like!" *slap forehead* LOL

12. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    The pooch is the entire area of skin under the tail....I can see a difference on my own girls easier than I can with a pic...I even have one doe that appears to look the same when shes open but since I hand breed I know she's preggy and her pooch does change, just a bit later and differently than my other girls.